Established in 1945, Cullompton Rangers FC began life in the East Devon Victory League. The initial headquarters for the Club were the Cullompton School Playing Fields, but they soon moved to Speeds Meadow, their current base and were there for a short time before moving to land adjoining the M5 motorway. Next stop was the area known as Knightswood, and then, Court Drive, before a return to their current home.
The Club badge depicts the industries which were prominent in the town at the time the Club was formed, namely a ropes works, glove makers and a woollen factory.
The most successful era for the Club was the early 1960’s when the Senior Side swept all before them winning the Devon & Exeter League Premier Division in both 1961 and 1964. But it was not until 1984 that real success was enjoyed by the Club once again, winning the East Devon Senior Cup under the management of Marcus Scott, our current General Secretary.
The standard of the First Team has improved steadily over the years and the Club became founder members of the Devon County League when it began life in 1992.